July 14, 2014

Cosmic Play


Cosmic Play

The world is a stage and we are all actors. We play our part and depart, says a wise man. Some call it 'fate' and others, 'destiny'. In my case, I'm comfortable with both!

Call me 'Destiny's Child?'

Here, in these two art works, I have two characters, actors, if you will. As in most of my work, the female dominates the stage, so I've put her in the forefront, while the male lurks in the background, a bit player, partly an observer.

Other creatures of the earth fill the void, may it be the dusky dawn or a dusty sunset.

Note on Materials: Two different canvases are related. Oils used in the dusty sunset and acrylics are used in the dusky dawn, in order to distinguish the styles.           

                      

1 comment:

  1. amazing artwork...frankly I'm touched :)
    Although I would love to know the significance of the interchange of puppets in the two paintings, changes in the puppets' movements, does it signify anything?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear back from you. Tell me what you think of my work :)